Hello. You're on this page cause something about this site interests you, and you want to learn a little bit about the person who runs it. That person is me. JD. Hi! I don't really know what you're looking for so what follows will sort of a random dump of bits of information about me.
- I work at Trulia. If you do anything on the site related to looking for a house/apartment, then I most likely had a hand in it.
- I live in the San Francisco Bay area. It still feels weird to me after living most my life in Kansas, and I miss thunderstorms.
- I am still looking for that one project that I can really put some soul and heart into.
- I've been a professional developer for 10 years, or rather I've been getting paid to write code for that long. I've learned a thing or two about writing good code, but still have a long road to go.
- HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL, Python, Ruby, C, QBasic (these keywords are for recruiters, fingers crossed for a QBasic gig).
- I like to build stuff more than I like to fix bugs.
- I like to make useful stuff more than I like to build stuff.
- I believe life's not fair, but you should be fair to everyone as much as you can.
- You don't deserve any of this, good or bad. So be thankful when things are good, and fight hard when things are bad.
- I ♥ vim, chocolate, open source and linux.
- I am a geek and/or nerd.
This is just a playground. It is a collection of random bits of web, images, noise, and paper that has been rolled into a small corner of the Internet.
This site was created by a fabric file collecting random python packages that somehow convert text into html. You can see the details at http://github.com/jdcantrell/goodrobot.net.